BSA Fellowship Night 2016

Saturday, March 05, 2016



I’ve always been the girl who would stress herself out looking for something to wear during the last minute. I might get excited finding for fancy dresses, high-heeled shoes, and stuff that would fit me, but I would always let the ample time pass by before I would make a move. I was always like that. And for you to know, it was freakin’ stressful and wearisome.

But since it’s already 2016 and I’m getting more into adulthood, I guess it’s time for me to be more responsible, so I tried my best to leave that bad habit behind. This time, I made use of the more-than-enough time given to us to look for something to wear for our Fellowship Night. And I’m glad that I did it. I was able to hop from one choice to another before opting to finally decide what to buy without the need to run after the deadline. I had better choices and in fact, I was able to save a lot. For someone like me who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on shoes and dresses that I will only wear once or twice, ukay-ukay is a life-saver. And yep, you’ve guessed it right. The shoes and dress I wore that night were from the famous ukay-ukay and my mom and I got it for a very good price. Such a steal!

Okay, enough with that. So I thought, I was ready and indeed I was, but life is never smooth and no matter how much you prepared for something, sometimes, it will never go unwrinkled. The universe will, most often, have to let things flow the way it wanted and most of the time, things won’t go the way you wished them to be.

So my mom did contact a taxi for me and my friends so as to avoid the hassle of commuting when we’re all dressed up. The deal was settled and the driver should have picked us up before 6:30PM, but unfortunate circumstances managed to pop up out of nowhere. I don’t know what happened, but the driver didn’t show up. I was already getting late at that time with the fact that I should have arrived at the venue earlier because I was assigned for the registration. I was really pissed off, especially my mom. But people are people and sometimes, we really can’t trust them. So yeah, I rode a tricycle on the way to the venue, together with Roland who’s my classmate and was one of the emcees of the night. And the tricycle driver. Oooohhh. The tricycle driver. He was one of the most dishonest drivers I’ve known. I hate to say this, but I hope his conscience will always bother him and won’t let him sleep unless he’ll really feel sorry about him being terribly dishonest. If you're wondering what happened, well, he charged us with such an expensive fare TWICE! Yep, twice! I mean, Roland already paid him the fare but I didn't notice, and I paid again since the driver asked for it. Great, right?

Anyway, going back, when we arrived, a number of people were already there. I sat for a few minutes in the entrance, together with Trisha and May, to let everyone sign in for registration. It was nearly 8:00PM when the program started. We marched along the red carpet for the entrance and I was with my girls, Alaine and April.


The flow of the program was good but a bit formal. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I guess, there should have been a part where the guys could ask the girls for a dance or pass some anonymous (or not) love notes and have the emcees read it aloud during or after dinner just like the previous Fellowship Nights we had. It should have added some fun that night. But maybe, it’s just that there wasn’t enough time, that’s why there wasn’t any of those. It was like all we did there was just sit down, take pictures, then eat and take pictures again.



After the program, we took a lot of pictures.



Then we went home, but I still waited for a couple of minutes before my mom arrived to pick me up. I was alone (but not literally). I was the last one who left the venue, except our JPIA President and her boyf. I was flooding my mom’s inbox because I was getting too impatient at that time.

And despite some not-so-good circumstances that night, it was still a great night.

All thanks to the man above! And thanks to my mom for being there to support me. Always.

Post a Comment