Christmas Party 2015

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

When I arrived in school, some of my co-SR Officers were already there and I kind of felt awkward because they were teasing me of my outfit (Hmmm. It was actually my first time to wear high-waisted jeans and a low-back blouse – totally out of my comfort zone). I helped on arranging the chair (“somehow” because the chairs were already almost arranged when I arrived).

A few minutes later, the students gradually arrived and also some of the professors and the guest speaker. The first part of the program was the devotional. I wasn’t actually listening (huhu. Sorry.) because I was preparing for a closing prayer (lame excuse, I know but minsan lang naman di nakikinig eh, haha), so obviously, I led the closing prayer.


After the devotional, there were some parlor games and I joined just quite a bit (#introvertproblems ) then, we (the CBA students) have prepared a little surprise to our professors as an expression of gratitude. We requested them to sit in in the center for a game (which was just a ditch play). Then, each of them were asked to pick a student and those who were picked were the ones who covered the eyes of our beloved madams with their bear hands (wala kasing blindfold) and then their gifts were placed in front of them.

We were jokingly shouting that there were creepy creatures being put beneath their chairs, so look what ma’am Abi (second from right) did, haha!

It’s so touching seeing our professors looked very happy, especially seeing ma’am Broces’ tears of joy (awww).


After that mini program with the whole department, we proceeded to our respective rooms to continue the celebration. As a family that we are, we continued the celebration with the whole BSA. We first took our lunch and the group was temporarily split into two because a room can’t accommodate us. So we (third year and second year), transferred to CBA-4. Our classmates had a little bit of a boodle fight which I didn’t joined (KJ alert again). 


Sorry, but I was already so hungry then which put me out in the mood to do so, but of course, I wasn’t just the one who separated from the group. I was with my girls (so hindi lang ako ang nag-iisang KJ).


After lunch, we practiced for our Christmas Carol (first and last practice) and I cannot memorize the lyrics, haha. Then, we went back to CBA-3 and had some games outside. It was actually full of fun, but I wasn’t really in the mood to join. I don’t know, but I’m really not so into joining games.

When everyone felt enough, we went back inside and then there was the awarding. Our group (3rd year) got the Most Active award. The head-turners also came from our group; Patrick in the male category who also got the most active student award and Marilyn in the female who is undefeated for 3 consecutive Christmas Party. We were second in the Christmas Carol, yes and forgot the other awards (if there’s still any).

And the most awaited part came; the exchanging of gifts, which was basically the finale. We were first asked to describe our monita/monito before we hand them the gift. My monita was Sarah, coming from the first year. I bought her a bag. My SP was… OMG! I don’t know here name (feels sorry and sad), but she’s from the first year, too. She gave me a hardbound blue notebook and I really liked it! (Proud notebook-lover here!)


After our Christmas Party in school, me and my girls decided to hangout a a little. We went to the beach (there’s no place more relaxing than the beach, y’know) and had a little walk along the shore.

Small droplets of rain were falling and that explains why we had our umbrellas opened.

We then agreed to settle at Marc’s (a resto beside the beach) and ordered something to eat. We ordered lomi and I paired it with shake (ironic, ain’t it?).


A few minutes after it got dark, we decided to go home. We had a small walk from Marc’s to People’s Park and then we rode a tricycle to go to our respective destinations. I rode another tricycle to finally get home (obviously, our house is quite far from the beach).

‘Twas an awesome day! Thank you, God!

Post a Comment