My Kind of Circle

Monday, October 03, 2016

Last September 24, me and my college best friends have spontaneously decided to release some stress and agreed to spend some chill time in Coffee Break. It’s new in our place, so we decided to give it a try. We ordered frappe, talked, laughed, teased each other around, and took photos just like the usual.

I’ve got quite a number of photos in my phone and I badly wanted to post them here for the sake of documenting memories in the blog, but I don’t want to flood my blog with photos without tagging along some texts on it. (Lol. Is it just me or…)

So while thinking what to do with the photos, I realized that I haven’t officially introduced my circle to you yet. I mean, I obviously don’t need to, but I just want to. And prolly this is the high time to do it, so I’m taking the opportunity. I also consorted some of my favorite friendship quotes that I’ve seen around the internet together with the photos.
Evidently, my circle is just composed of four (myself, Lyka, Alaine, and April). I’m not the kind who goes along with anyone, I am one of the introverts in school, and quite honestly, I’m a bit picky with people. I mean, I have to wisely choose the people I hang out with if I don’t want to ruin my life. No, I’m not being rude, but I hope you got my point.
They’re the ones I hang out with most of the time, but for you to know, they weren’t my very first college friends.

I wasn’t this much close to them during our first semester in college. I just went along with them when my closest friend in the first few months had to shift to another program in the following semester.

There were already a couple of groups of friends in our bloc way back, and I don’t know how and why among those, I chose them. Perhaps the saying, “Birds with the same feathers flock together,” is right. Our personalities are quite the same and we kinda share the same interests too.

Here’s Lyka. She’s not that much of the quiet kind. She’s friendly and goes along with anyone easily. She’s the most approachable, I guess, and no doubt why among the three of them, she was the first one I became close with. If I remember it right, our friendship started when we became group mates in English for a group performance (a.k.a. interpretative dance). During our practice, she used to tell me some stories about her ex-boyfriend. I can’t remember how it started, but from then on, I became comfortable with her.
She’s a religious girl and serves in church every Sunday. She’s a chess player and a varsity. She also loves dancing and she has the flattest tummy (haha). She’s body-conscious, too. Her favorite color’s pink and she has the most admirers (lol, that’s the way I see it). She got her heart broken a couple of times by just one guy a.k.a. her only ex-boyfriend, but currently, she already has a special someone who never fails to make her feel special. She hates it when you make her wait for a long time, but she’s a friend who’s always ready to give a hand, and I always love it whenever she shares inspirational Bible verses with us to boost our spirits up.
Here’s Alaine. She’s the youngest. She’s a wanderlust. She loves spontaneous adventures. She also has a thing for fashion. She’s a religious Instagram-er, y'know that kind with “feed goals” to maintain. Her favorite color’s violet. She loves everything with Eiffel tower on it. One of her greatest dreams is visiting Paris. At first glance, she may look snobbish and mean, but really she’s not. Maybe it’s just her aura.
Quite honestly, I really thought we’ll never become close friends. I mean, I thought she’s really snobbish and suplada. I can’t stand girls like that, but I was wrong. We share the same interests. We like almost the same things. We dream almost the same dreams. We always talk about random stuff and it seems like we never run out of things to talk about. She’s curious and observant. And I really should mention this (lol): She’s a moody girl, like I swear. I’m not even kidding. You have to get the right timing or else… (Hahaha) 
This girl may look like a sunshine of happiness, but she has gone through a lot. I’ve seen her broke down and recognized how strong she actually is. Just in a span of our college life, too much had already happened in her life. The universe had thrown her big rocks, but I’m glad that she’s still standing still.
Here’s April. She has a contagious smile and an epidemic laughter. She’s the most conservative among us four, and yeah, the most ~mahinhin~. She enjoys watching movies and several TV shows. She’s a no-boyfriend-since-birth fellow. She likes things that are as blue as the sky.

She’s an epitome of simple and she’s a li'l bit, not the showy kind. Behind her bright smiles, I could sense a cryptic world. She’s the kind who doesn’t show so much of her inner self. She keeps her deepest feelings and hides her profound emotions (or at least, that’s how I see it). When you see the beam on her face, you won’t doubt why she’s the group’s happy pill.

…and I forgot to mention, she’s one sleepy girl. She sleeps early and gets the right amount of sleep but you would still catch her snoozing during boring lectures - not to mention that our seats are always on the very front row, yeah.
And here’s me! I am the eldest among us four (by just a few months, okay?) and they often tease me about it. Lol.
So basically, that’s my kind of circle. There’s no tiny bit of regret that I chose them. They’re really the kind of friends that any college kid should have. They know how to have fun and chill, but they also know when to go back hitting the books.
They’re the kind who will influence you to study and do all your assignments even if you don’t feel like doing them, or else you’re the only one who’ll be left in the group who’s not yet doing anything (mapre-pressure ka na lang talaga eh). Lol.

In all honesty, I couldn’t imagine how my life in college would have turned out if I belonged in a circle other than them.
I don't care if this sounds cheesy, but they made my college life a.k.a accountancy life more bearable. ❤

Post a Comment