busy days... here they come

Friday, January 14, 2022

 


i have lots of things to do and too many deadlines to catch, but i am not complaining because i always love busy times like this. it's just that, i really struggle with managing my time and i have the tendency to procrastinate. ahh, it's something i badly need to work on.


right now, i am taking a quick break in between work. it's 12:45PM as of writing and i have not taken my lunch yet. i don't feel hungry as of the moment since it was already a little late when i had my breakfast, past 10am to be a little specific. i'm alone in the office, i mean at least in the room where my desk is situated.


recently, i have gotten a little annoyed with myself because my new 6am is now 8am. gracious goodness! my normal waking up time is now at 8am or even past than that. i'm still trying to figure out how i should correct that. every day is like a constant battle between myself and the monkey in my head. i tend to stay up late, thus, waking up late as well. i don't use alarms and i'm too dependent on my body's natural way of waking up. it's used to getting 8hours of sleep, so it's really hard for me to wake up at 6am when i usually sleep at 12 huhu sucha a struggle. so right now, i really have to work on trying to sleep early. it would be hard, thinking about it now, but i really have to. maybe i should try tracking my sleeping hours and share it here for some accountability. oh, please, @self, just please. i will start tracking tonight. i sure will!


another thing that i have been working on is my social media usage. i want to reduce my social media consumption, and in this context, i only mean facebook, instagram and twitter. i'd like to start small as knowing myself, i don't want to be overwhelmed then fail completely. thus, i'm starting with only ditching twitter for 7 days. then, after that, i won't be using twitter plus instagram for another 7 days, then will add facebook next. facebook is the hardest to drop these days especially when we're using it for the business, but i still would like to try.


on another note, i have a lot of engagements lately. i have three financial statements to prepare outside my full-time job, plus i have works to do for the sangguniang kabataan office in our brgy, and a friend hit me up to help him on a possible side hustle that he has in mind.



we had a really great conversation last night and we scheduled a zoom meeting for tonight so we can talk more about it. we need to do it in a video call since he's currently in manila and i am in the province. i am honored that of all people, he remembered me and even the first one to know of his ideas. i greatly support him as it is one of my interests as well. i've always admired this guy when it comes to grit and it's such a privilege to have friends like him. i want to be surrounded by people like this because their spirit always encourages me to aim more and do more.


i'm thankful for everything ✨✨✨ lezz do this 💪


p.s. i took a short break for a couple of months to do some reflecting and contemplating with regards to this past time, and now i'm happy to be back =) hello, blogging world! my old posts are in private for now, but will eventually set them to public anytime soon.


how are y'all doing? happy new year!!!


---

sincerely,
riz

Post a Comment